Your Diocesan Resource centre is here to help and serve all. Ask and we will help, as sharing knowledge is what we do through our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Resource Centre has a comprehensive catalogue of 10,000 resources on
- all aspects of Christianity and the world's major religions
- worship and prayer
- religious education and collective worship
- housegroup material
- all aspects of parish-based children's and youth work
- theology, church history, social and pastoral issues
- spiritual and moral development
- DVD, CD and CD-ROM, posters, courses, artefacts and more.
I would be pleased to help anyone access information from our webpages and also visit groups within parishes and schools to share the resources and information that we hold.
The Centre is a member of the Federation of RE Centres.
Membership is free to people of all ages, inside and outside the community of churches. The only condition is that you live or work in the geographical area covered by the Diocese of Bath and Wells.
House Group Studies
The Resource Centre has many house group studies for loan and over the past year the following have been the most popular and carry a recommendation for continued use.
- Youth Emmaus – S Cotterell & others
- Touch the Flame
- Growing Together
- Living Faith – Tom Wright
- Tough Talk, Hard Sayings – J Young
- Unapologetic – F Spufford book and used for group study
- Lifebuilder Bible Study: James – T7P Le Peau
- Everybody Welcome – Jackson & Fisher
- Mark for Everyone – Tom Wright
- Lifebuilder Bible Study: Esther – P Pell
- The Prodigal Son – H Nouwen
- Lifebuilder Bible Study: Psalms – Eugene Peterson
You can have items delivered to and returned from your nearest public library - please contact us for details of this free service. If you need something urgently and you are happy to pay the costs, we can post items out to you.
The Resource Centre is open 9.30am to 1.30pm Mondays to Fridays. It runs on a self-serve basis around these times when the Old Deanery is open from 9am to 5pm during the week. The centre is closed at the weekend and on bank holidays.
Register for e-bulletin
Keep up-to-date with news from around the Diocese with our e-bulletin. Sign-up now!