The Fund for Church Growth
The Fund for Church Growth exists to directly assist and develop the ministry and mission of the church at all levels (Parish/LMG/Deanery/Diocese), by offering financial support to projects and posts in the form of grants.
The types of projects supported by the Fund include:
- employment of youth workers, lay workers, chaplains, mission advisers
- establishment of church cafés
- re-ordering buildings to enhance or develop local mission
- pensioners’ lunch clubs.
Wherever possible and appropriate, ecumenical involvement should be encouraged.
All applications will be considered on merit and weighed against other current applications. Applicants will need to clearly show how the project will add to the mission and witness of the church.
Download notes for applicants:
Download an application form:
Meetings to consider applications are held quarterly - normally March, June, September and December. Applications must be submitted no later than six weeks prior to the meeting. Late applications will be deferred to the next meeting.
Meeting dates in 2013
- 20th March 2013 (applications closed)
- 5th June 2013 (applications by 25th April 2013)
- 11th September 2013 (applications by 31st July 2013)
- 11th December 2013 (applications by 31st October 2013)
Enquiries to Mrs Gill Davey, The Old Deanery, tel: 01749 685101, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Wells Cathedral & Cathedral Green
Register for e-bulletin
Keep up-to-date with news from around the Diocese with our e-bulletin. Sign-up now!